Post-Doctoral researcher (m, f, d) in the field of behavioral neurobiology in
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of “Ergonomics” is looking for a Post-Doctoral researcher (m, f, d) in the field of behavioral neurobiology for the next possible date. The Position is limited to 3 years, an extension is possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who enjoys carrying out scientific projects, working on new concepts and understanding novel mechanisms. The research field is located at the interface of aging, metabolic control, cognition and neurobiology, and aims at the neural mechanisms and the influences of endogenous and environmental factors on healthy cognitive aging. Mouse models of metabolic and inflammatory diseases as well as the required techniques of analysis are available. Flanking our studies in humans, cognitive processes such as goal-directed learning and neural plasticity are studied across the lifespan in animal models, focusing on the interplay of metabolic processes, immune system, brain function and cognition. The research is conducted in close cooperation between all the departments of IfADo and employs state-of-the-art experimental test paradigms (e.g., IntelliCage, Multi-Conditioning System, and access to imaging techniques, such as two-photon microscopes, micro-CT and MRI).
The tasks include:
- Organization of an independent, innovative research project, including the planning, development and execution of animal behavioral studies
- Analysis of cognitive behavioral data
- Publication and presentation of the results to the scientific community
- Active networking at the IfADo and coordination of subprojects and execution of collaborative experiments with other groups of IfADo, especially with the Department of Toxicology
- Guidance and supervision of graduation theses
What we expect:
- An above-average degree in behavioral neurobiology, psychology, biology, or similar disciplines and a very good doctorate in one of these fields
- A personality with both, the ability to develop projects of conceptual novelty and also a high degree of reliability and diligence
- Experience in planning and conducting animal behavioral experiments
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently
- Very good analytical skills, good knowledge of English
- Publication experience
- A full-time position with currently 39.83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- An exciting and stimulating atmosphere in a dynamic, friendly, and interdisciplinary team that enjoys research work; high scientific reputation documented by publications in top journals; the successful candidate will be integrated into international networks of outstanding scientists that will lead to excellent preconditions for a career in science.
- An interesting professional challenge, in which you can contribute and expand your expertise and competence with a high degree of independence
- An extensive state-of-the-art research infrastructure and technical support
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- Attractive region with many cultural activities and good accessibility by public transport
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference, provided they are otherwise equally qualified.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
For further information about the announcement and the project, please feel free to contact us (email@example.com).
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your application with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, references, copies of certificates, list of grades, list of publications) * by 30.11.21 preferably by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative, we will accept your application by mail to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
(We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.)