Post-doctoral position at the Blood-brain barrier laboratory, Lens.
Applications are invited for a 14 months post-doctoral fellowship under the supervision of Pr Laurence Fenart. The ideal start date is around September 2017.
Blood-brain barrier (BBB) laboratory is recognized as world expert in the modeling of the BBB. This team has carried out pioneering works in establishing animal models of the BBB which has been used to investigate BBB physiology and distribution of compounds for pharmaceutical industries. New BBB models have also been used to better characterize the BBB physiology in stroke (FP7 Eustroke and EU Joint programs). In 2013, the team set up a human in vitro model of the BBB which is now widely used for mechanistic studies and for permeability screenings, and consisting to cultivate CD34+-cells with brain pericytes.
The successful candidate will extract and purify brain pericytes from WT and transgenic mice and will study amyloid and cholesterol metabolisms in normal and/or hypoxia conditions.
• Investigation of brain pericytes physiology and ABC transporters expression.
• Study of expression profiles of proteins in normoxic and hypoxic conditions.
• Co-supervision of research students in the lab (B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. students)
• Preparation of scientific publications, contribution to grant applications
• PhD or equivalent in cell biology or related fields
• A knowledge of a wide range of methods in biochemistry and molecular biology
• Experience with brain pericytes extraction and purification
• High motivation to do research
• A convincing record of publications; experience with grant applications is an asset
• Fluency in English, knowledge of French is a plus